Thursday 18 December 2008

A Place in the Auvergne, Wednesday, 17th December 2008



0300

IW:

A friend of a friend was an artist, a talented one. He killed himself. When I asked someone who knew him, they said that it was because he had become overwhelmed by fate of humanity.

This blog is not doing me any favours anymore. I can't wait until the end of the year. How paradoxical that I should also have problems with it, technically, in these last cold, short days of December.

Next year, I will not read a newspaper or a magazine or listen to the radio.

I will observe what I learn of news byond The Valley without making any effort to inform myself. I can't wait.

And I'm not sure I'll ever pick up a newspaper - if they'll still exist by the time I might want to - or consult a news website again.

This year of paying close attention has exhausted me and I know and think about too much that serves me no apparent purpose.

I remember the old poster from my school days: Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Just because I have these fears for the future, doesn't make me less likely of being correct.

However, my pessimism is affecting others and I have to keep my views to myself.

The lowest day of the year.

Pitch black.

Only the camera and a robotic reflex to record keeps me taking photos.

I hope I'm on the up before Christmas and the end of term on Friday.




























































































ALL PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT IAN WALTHEW 2008

Auvergne
Auvergnate
Auvergnat
Auvergnats
France
Rural France
Living in France
Blogs about France

No comments:

Post a Comment